Interim Choral Music Teacher, Alexander Dawson School
(February 2019, May 2019)
- Directed rehearsals for the annual spring musical, including choreographing dances, blocking dramatic scenes, coaching both ensemble and lead singers, and coordinating band charts.
- Adapted teaching pedagogy to support the emotional and social development of students from 5th through 12th grade on a daily basis.
Choral Music Teacher, Arvada West High School
(Student Teaching, October 2018 – December 2018)
- Facilitated creativity-based activities, including composition and acting, which furthered musical and emotional concepts in performance repertoire.
- Fostered students’ self-confidence through spoken daily affirmations, group movement activities rooted in Dalcroze Eurhythmics, as well as providing individualized feedback on assessments.
Choral Music Teacher, Erie Middle School
(Student Teaching, August 2018 – October 2018)
- Developed differentiated lesson plans for students with varying educational needs.
- Managed class sizes of up to 70 students, while individually connecting to over 300 students in the choral department.
Master of Music
Choral Conducting and Vocal Performance
University of Colorado, Boulder - 2018
Graduate Student Coordinator/Assistant Conductor, University of Colorado, Boulder
(Aug. 2015 – May 2018)
- Responsible for all organizational and logistical aspects of the 55th Annual High School Madrigal Festival, a choral festival which included 25 high schools and an out-of-state guest clinician.
- Determined repertoire curriculum for multiple choral ensembles including the CU Women’s Chorus for their performance at the CO ACDA Collegiate Festival (Fall 2015).
- Recruited students to double the size of the CU Men’s Chorus from 13 to 26 members in three weeks.
Bachelor of Arts in Music
University of California, Irvine - 2013
Co-Conductor, University of California, Irvine
(January 2009 – June 2015)
- Directed the UC Irvine Women’s Chamber Choir, which toured to the Bratislava International Youth Music Festival in July 2014.
- Gold medal winner of the category: Youth Choirs, Soprano and Alto under 35 Years of Age.
- Coordinated musical instruction for a combined performance of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony with the programs of UC Irvine and Chapman University at Segerstrom Hall (May 2014).
- Managed social media presence and marketing campaigns for annual recruitment and concert information.
Gold Medal Winner
Bratislava International Youth Music Festival
Youth Choirs, Soprano and Alto - 2014
Festival Home Page
Coordinator and Instructor
Summer Academy in the Arts
University of California, Irvine - 2012-2015
Vocal Instructor, UC Irvine Summer Academy in the Arts
(August 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Developed curriculum for a two-week collegiate-level summer intensive for high school students. Topics included music theory, musicianship, ear training, vocal technique, as well as acting and movement for singers.
- Prepared students for collegiate-level auditions through individual voice lessons and repertoire selection.